Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Double Phew

It's kind of amazing I survived last year financially. When I did my taxes this year I finally saw the whole picture - I had to add up two W-2's plus a 1099. I made $12,000 less in '07 than I did in '06. There were some scary bill paying moments along the way, but I pulled through. (It would be an understatement to say I freaked out when my car didn't pass inspection because my window didn't roll down.) I'm glad that bumpy road has ended. Of course, the way the economy is headed I can't say I feel 100% secure job wise. I do, for the moment, feel financially fit again. Finally.
Another relief is finding out new boss isn't an uptight doo-doo head. Nothing to worry about at all. New boss likes the work I do. New boss respects me. New boss offers assistance when asked. It's totally f*#$%^g amazing. (I don't feel ashamed about my job anymore.) New boss has quirks, but nothing I can't handle. It's refreshing to work again with a boss who knows how to communicate - and lets me do my work without bother or any type of annoying disruptions.
I think I'm gonna sleep well tonight.

Fortune: You are cautious of showing your true self to others.

No comments: