Sunday, May 11, 2008

Rotten

It only took a few hours, but I did manage to replace the rotten board underneath the back door. When I sat down, I thought it would go quickly. After 30 minutes I was wondering what I'd gotten myself into and perhaps I was highly under qualified for the job.
Before
At this point, I was really wishing someone hadn't built the stoop in front of that board.
Later, I was annoyed when I saw I was not going to be able to pull out these nails with my hammer. Thank goodness for pliers.

Phew. I finally got it all out.
Before I started, I cut off a piece of the gray painted wood, which was blocking the place where I needed to slide in the new board. I ended up buying a chisel 'cuz I still couldn't slide the board in. I had to get it around another piece of decking.
Getting the new board in was not easy, either. I really had to whack it. Bonus: I've been trying for days to set my watch back to regular time. I somehow switched it to military time awhile ago and I have no idea how I did it. No idea how to undo it. While contorting myself in all sorts of strange positions to get the old board out, I sat on my watch, which I was not wearing, and my butt cheek managed to fix it! Cool.
Fortune: Put your mind into planning today. Look into the future.

1 comment:

mainelife said...

Well done! I'm so impressed that you got the board replaced. I would have called the handy man not 30 seconds into it....and then my watch would still have been on military time :)