Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Holy Moly

Today was hell day at work. Hell I tell you.
Yesterday I was thinking, "maybe I should stick with this job." The pay sucks, but there are lots of holidays and we get to leave at 2pm on Fridays during the summer if all our work is done. And the hours are only 9-5, not that I ever have time to take my paid lunch break. Nope, I'm not utilized to my full potential, I'm doing clerical work half the time, but the time off is great.
I know, I sounds like an airhead.
Today my mind was completely changed. My thought was, "Run away - fast!" Between one client hosting an underage drinking party, to another client calling the cops on yet another client, to one client punching another - it's like babysitting children. And that was only part of it.
I don't even want to think about it anymore.
You know how the good (old) self help guides tell people to surround themselves with successful people to become successful? Surround yourself with positive people to become more positive - whatever. Insert your own word. I'm surrounded by losers and all their negativity. It's like being trapped in a cage or something. It's miserable. And it won't be long before I become a miserable loser, too. (See - the negativity is already seeping in and I can smell the loserness on my clothes when I get home.)
No thanks.
I feel like giving 2 weeks notice tomorrow. Not the smartest thing to do with no job lined up.
Come on job prospects (shake, shake, shake - roll the dice).

Fortune: You are soon going to change your present line of work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope it gets better for you!