Sunday, April 29, 2007

Schweet

I love these sugar cookies. Actually, I love the frosting. Mmm-mmm. My brother and I grew up on birthday cakes made from this grocery store chain - Market Basket. A slice of cake with large frosting flowers, please!
The one thing I dislike about these cookies are not the cookies, but the fact that they are kept in the bakery case at the store. A staff member is required to get the goods - much like at the deli counter. There is usually never an employee behind the counter. And no bell to ring for service, either. Hmph! The past two weeks I've heard someone in the back, out of sight, washing pans and such - never coming out to the counter to check for sugar hungry customers. I wonder if they are so overworked they just don't want to deal with trying to get their work done and watch for customers. Last week I gave up after waiting 5 minutes. I even doubled back later to no avail. Today I was "lucky" - there were 2 employees in the back washing and chatting when one eventually wandered out, only to pass me off on the other one, who then tried to pass me off to the first one. Just one cookie, please. If you'd like, I'll come back there and get it myself. I think I'm going to have to give up the sugary treats anyhow. Not only are they hard to get, but they are bad for my thighs. Sigh.

And now for something completely different:
So far I am enjoying my job. It is keeping me busy, but it has only been a week and a day. There's plenty of work to do. Hooray! It's the first bookkeeping job I've had where I'm able to deal with clients, which is nice - most of the time. And it feels good to be helping people. Did I mention I'm working for a non-profit? Yes, it is good indeed. Except for the money. It is bad indeed. Need to find another source of income so I can continue living the life I've accustomed myself to. Oh I know! A solution to both of my problems - a sugar daddy! Boyfriend, are you down with that?

1 comment:

Z said...

Is that a yes..?
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!