Wednesday, April 23, 2008

New and Improved

Remember the first project? Done.
Before
After
Kind of a tough angle to get a good shot. If only I was about 10 feet taller. It's hard to tell the old roofing shingles are beige. But it is obvious they were a mess, no? The shingles were peeling up to the left of the chimney. Thank goodness there were two layers of shingles or I might have had a bunch of leaks. There was only leakage around the chimney flashing. Last night I confidently removed the towel in the attic wrapped around the chimney. I almost can't wait for it to rain! It will not leak. It will not leak.

My neighbors-to-the-right put up a fence while the roof was going up. I'm glad to have the privacy. Next on the agenda is figuring out the overhang for the back door (the roofer does carpentry too) and some gardening. I need to move at least one plant that looks out of place with the new fence. I also want to do something about this:
This is out back. Ho hum driveway area. Only about two to three feet beyond the railroad ties is my property (in line where the forsythia is - to the right). First step is to get rid of the wood and rotten railroad ties. I may leave the one to the right. I want to find a shade lovin', low maintenance ground covering. And it's gotta be easy to rake as you can see a lot of leaves end up back there/are always there. I'm thinking Forget-Me-Not or Purple Wintercreeper. Or a huge fence.

Fortune: Working out the kinks today will make for a better tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

VVVvvwwoow! The roof looks schweet...