Sunday, May 6, 2007

What do you think...

about an employer who explains their not withholding your state income tax because they don't want to do it for only one employee? Those weren't the payroll person's exact words, but that's the gist of it. Well golly gee, I'm busting my butt to get my work done, the work of a person and a half (with barely any training or guidance) and you can't be bothered? What else are you unwilling to do for me, dear employer? Hmmm...
I put together a right proper budget as I kinda winged one in my head when I took this job. My weekly allowance comes to a whopping $30. That's to be used for groceries, gas, and plain old spending cash. Hah. Here's my new shopping list: instant oatmeal (for breakfast), head of lettuce, tomato, scallions (salads for lunch), milk, and box o'Raisin Bran (for dinner). Oh, just think of the pounds I will drop on my new diet!
Sigh.

I do not like feeling broke - being broke. Yes, low pay is better than collecting unemployment, but 30 bucks spending cash a week outright sucks. I sent out 8 resumes today. Three for part time work - one would be a really, really cool place to work... (daydreaming now) I hate the whole job search process.

Worked in the yard yesterday. Things are shaping up. Still need to fiddle with the rock edging for the newly created bigger and better side yard bed. (Before here.)



I've got the window boxes up. Gonna have to roll pennies and start redeeming cans and bottles to get me some flowers.

No comments: