Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Bloody Buggers

Seriously.
Can you see those 4 dots in front of the seat cushion? Those are mosquitoes hovering outside my door. The photo doesn't even show 'em all - there are 10 or so out there. Gasp! I hate mosquitoes because they love to suck my blood. (I'm pausing to scratch 1 of the many bites my epidermis is currently sporting.) I can't believe they are waiting out there for me. I'm scared. It's like zombies or something. I'm really scared. Honestly, I am more afraid of being covered in ugly, itchy, big, red welts than EEE. If I was more afraid of EEE, I'd be the first one on the phone with the vet:

vet: Your horse's name is 'Z'?
me: Um, no - that's me. I'm really tired of smothering myself in Deet, which the mosquitoes seem to be becoming more and more immune to.
vet: Ma'am, we cannot give you the EEE vaccination. It's for horses only.
me: Yeah, but what if I pack on a few pounds and grow a few hands? ...and clomp around in some platform shoes..?

What I don't understand is why the bites have to get so swollen and itchy.

Fortune: Your efforts will be worthwhile.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhmygoodness, lady. Don't you know they like the sweet stuff. That's why they bite ya!

mainelife said...

I know just how you feel, as I'm the same way about ticks. Mosquitoes I don't like. Ticks, I am afraid of.
DEET I don't like so much either, but it's better than the alternative.

Z said...

Oh dear, Mainelife - is it because you found that tick in your eye? Or were you disliking them long 'afore then?