Sunday, June 3, 2007

The End of the Weekend

Last week was a busy, short week. Work was busy (is a non-profit ever not busy?) with month end plus first-of-month craziness. After work was spent working in the garden beds - pulling weeds, crab grass, some of the violets (they'll come back, I think), putting down compost, and finally planting new plants. One more flower bed left. Special thanks, again, to special friend Alecia who has spent time (and money) on this for me. What a pal.
Sigh.
I hate that I'm so broke. Non-profiting is tough. It's hard to be a single home-owner and have a low income. I love that I'm busy - in almost 20 years working in accounting/bookkeeping this is the first job I've had where I am not bored. I am not looking for more work to do. I'm busy. But I hate that I'm not able to put any money into savings not to mention I'm taking money out of savings to pay some of my bills. It's a bit stressful. It's why part of last week was spent interviewing for other jobs. One seems ideal/promising. But I worry it won't keep me busy.
Not worth worrying about until they make an offer.

Fortune: Simplicity of character is the natural result of profound thought.

No comments: