Tuesday, January 29, 2008

The Chronicles of Bah!

At work today we met a new colleague. New colleague works for an agency we deal with a lot.

New colleague is cute and petite. After new colleague leaves boss tells me, "I told new colleague, 'Good things come in small packages.'"

Is anyone else bothered by this? Why point out new colleague's size? You want points for that, boss? Geez.

Leave it to boss to always make note of the obvious.

Perhaps I am so annoyed with everything boss says I can't think straight.

Know what it (I haven't wanted to reveal boss's gender, you know...to protect the ignorant - from this point forward boss's pronoun is 'it') said to me today? I was trying to fix some technical issues we were having. I was perplexed. Technology is not my bag. Anyhow, it said, "I like when you don't know stuff."

I said, "I like it when you're not here."

Naw. Didn't really say that. Only because when boss isn't in it will call the office and say, "Hi!!!! (yes - with numerous exclamation points) I'm calling you. On the phoooone."

Yup. It is all about stating the obvious.

Fortune: Tomorrow will be better.

No comments: